I know what you’re thinking. I do.
“Britt – you have TWO freaking contests open already that you haven’t announced winners for.”
(To those of you who were NOT thinking that because you were instead thinking “OMG I hate blog contests. Boooorrrrrinng!” Well pin a rose on your nose! Or something.)
This one is different – because I AM NOT IN CHARGE! I know. Hallelujah.
I am, however, a judge. (I know. I’m important. I can’t help it.)
Here’s what’s up for grabs: $25 Amazon gift card. And? Fame. Notoriety. The love and admiration of all of Blogaritaville. OK. That’s a lie. 78% of Blogaritaville will love and admire you. The other 22% will piss and moan about what makes you so special.
Ahem. I digress.
Here is how the contest works:
Comb through your site and find a quote or two about Motherhood.
- “In 18 short hours I went from a scared 19 year old kid to a scared 19 year old kid who was responsible for someone else’s life.”
- “When you give birth your life stops. And it may resume again 18+ years later when your services are no longer needed, thank you, here’s your gold watch, good night.”
- “I think I had always figured motherhood was something I had taken on, survived, an obligation I had stepped up to the best I could because that was the situation I found myself in. I seriously doubted I was as good a mother as the stay at home mom who had played house since she could walk.”
- “There are a million things you can do that will piss me off, and I will not hesitate to ground your asses to your rooms for eternity if need be. But I will always, always love you.”
- “Remember, mommy is always 2 seconds away from crazy. You never know when… you never know why… but know that it is possible…”
- “It’s a strange thing to see your child through someone else’s eyes. It’s even stranger to see them with gifts and abilities that have absolutely nothing to do with you or your parenting.”
- “Do you think it’s possible to teach a two year old to play hard to get?”
- “Whoever said Independence is a beautiful thing, never met my two-year old.”
- “This is our day. Evenly. No one gets more or less claim on Mother’s Day.”
See how I did that?
Once you’ve got them, go HERE and enter to win!
OK, I lied. Not the end. I also have to promise that TOMORROW I will announce the actual real live winners of the last two contests.
Now, does anyone remember what those contests were??