You know how when little kids first go back to school they are exhausted when they get home and their little bodies have such a hard time adjusting?
Yeah, well, my kids are doing just fine. (Except for Emma waking up at 5:30 in the morning – that is not fine) I, on the other hand, seem to be having one hell of a time adjusting. At least, I hope it’s just a “getting adjusted” thing. My “schedule” now consists of
- drag my ass out of bed
- muddle through morning commute – which always seems to take longer than I thought it would
- muddle through evening commute – which always seems to take longer than I felt like it was taking
- sit on couch for “just a minute”
- wake up two hours later – often times finding the kids have been bathed and put in bed and a small circus was performed three inches from my nose without me waking up
- stay up for a couple more hours in a completely unproductive fog
- fall into bed
- rinse, wash, repeat
I have so much shit to do at home, online, etc. etc. etc. (I have clients calling WANTING to give me money from my “old” job that I haven’t been able to get back in touch with) – my house needs to be cleaned desperately (how the fuck that’s possible I don’t know)… and I can’t seem to figure out when or how to get it done! I’m sure not falling asleep right after dinner would help – but I don’t know what the fuck is wrong with me that I am suddenly taking “evening naps”!
This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass…
I think I’m going to have that put on my tombstone. (Now THAT would be hysterical. Seriously.)
*thinking of segue, thinking of segue….*
Yeah, nothing. So I’ll just sneakily slide in the fact that I got my very first sale at my NEW job yesterday. Third day on the job. Second day on the phones. I. Rock.
(So, btw, does my boss – who has generously rewarded me with a gift certificate for SHOES!!!! or CLOTHES!!!)
*thinking of closing, thinking of closing…*
Yeah, um, nothing.
Leave your comments below. Please. Thanks. Buh-bye.